This is a great weeknight meal and can be made ahead of time and set on low during your work day. I originally got this recipe form Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff and made a few modifications. Enjoy!
Recipe and Tutorial:
2 lbs beef steak
2 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can beef or chicken stock
2 Tbls worchestire sauce
3-4 Tbls cooking sherry
1 cup chopped onions
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 mushrooms any kind ( you can use green olives as an alternative)
1 cup sour cream ( plus more for garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package egg noodles cooked.
1. In crock pot put soup, stock, water, worchestire, chopped onion, water and a shake of salt and pepper. Turn crock pot on high heat.
2. Find any kind of beef - cube/chuck/stew- is what I usually use but I found these thin sliced steaks. These were on sale and perfect for what I needed - already sliced and pounded thin. Great time saver.
Slice beef as thin as possible and pound. Slice into bite sized pieces.
3. Put 2 cup flour in shallow bowl with a dash of salt and pepper, toss and coat meat in flour.
Shake off excess flour.
4. I had to do 2 batches - aprox 1 lb at a time in the sauce pan. Drizzle olive oil in pan - med/high heat. Brown meat - some pink is okay just brown the meat about 3-4 mins. Move browned meat to crock pot. ( repeat if necessary) In dirty saucepan keep the heat on and add 3 tabls cooking sherry and de-glaze pan. Add to crock pot.
5. 1/2 before you are goin to serve. Add in mushrooms and 1 cup sour cream into sauce. Meat should be tender and not chewy.
6. Cook noodles