Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups - Inspired by Martha Stewart

I love weekends because I have time to make breakfast.  I usually get up at 5:30 on the weekdays - Breakfast is usually a grab and go type of thing.  Breakfast has always been one of my favorite meals - I know it's Bobby Flay's favorite meal too -hence my love for Brunch With Bobby. But this recipe didn't come from Bobby it came from our other friend Martha.  I made it easier and cut the quantity down for 4 not for 6.  Here is the original recipe if I forgot anything. 

Martha's Lydia's Version of Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups:


Pre-Heat Oven to 375 
Serves 3-4
Cook time: 15-18 mins

Ingredients 

6 Slices Sandwich Bread
10 slices cooked bacon
6 eggs 
3 Tbls butter ( plus more for greasing your muffin tin) 
Salt and Pepper 
Optional: Parmesan Cheese sprinkled over the top 

How To Picture Tutorial: 

1. Take your bread and roll each piece with a rolling pin. 

( I see how it gets 2x as big as flat as pie crust) 

3. Cut off crusts and then cut in half but save crusts for filling holes later in the process. 
Then cut rounds in 1/2

4.  Grease 6 cups in a muffin tin with butter - Press the bread halves into the tin ( 2 per tin) use reserve crusts to press in gaps and brush with butter. 


Close up of toast in cups 

5. Add Bacon - About 2 pieces per cup. 


6. Add one cracked egg to each cup - finish with salt and pepper. 
Close up 

6. Cook in oven for 15-18 mins ( check at 10 mins) 

Finished! 
Eggs should  be soft to touch but not clear - poached consistency

7. Let rest 5 mins and use a dinner knife to loosen around the edges and serve immediately 

Ta-Da 

Note: Use a non-stick muffin dish - I used a vintage muffin tin ( not a good choice) was a bit hard to free from muffin tins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment