Monday, January 11, 2010

Leftover Meatloaf BBQ White Cheddar Cheese Sandwich

I made meatloaf last night and we only ate about half. I don't work until late tonight so I was home for lunch. I made myself such a great meatloaf sandwich I had to share what I did. I got the idea from a sandwich I had had a few months back at this local restaurant in Burien,WA. 909 Coffee & Wine .We frequent this great little lunch spot 2 times a week and always enjoy the food, coffee and company.


BBQ Meatloaf Sandwich with White Cheddar Cheese on Toasted Bread
makes 4 sandwiches

Ingredients:
4 thick slices leftover meatloaf
8 slices homemade or artisan bread toasted
4-8 slices of white cheddar cheese
1 sliced tomato
6-8 cleaned and washed pieces of green leaf lettuce
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 tbls horseradish.
Take 4 slices meatloaf and brown both sides in a non-stick sauce pan for 4-8 mins on medium. After warmed add cheddar cheese on top of the meatloaf, reduce to medium low heat and cover until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, toast all 8 slices of bread. While toasting mix your bbq sauce with your horseradish. After bread is toasted spread your BBQ sauce mix on one side of all 8 slices of bread. Add your meatloaf with melted cheese on top. Finish with tomatoes, and lettuce and slice in half. Serve warm with chips, salad or fruit. Enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment