Monday, October 22, 2012

7 Layer Greek Dip with Pita Chips

I found this 7 Layer Greek Dip recipe in a QFC coupon mailer back in April.  It floated around my house for a month before I got all the ingredients I needed.  I knew it would be an instant hit and relatively simple to make.  It was everything I had hoped for and more..... pairing Greek Salad and 7 Layer Taco Dip two of our favorites into one wonderful creation.

7 Layer Greek Dip 


7 Layer Greek Dip 

Prep time: 20 mins
Serves 8 - 10 people 

Ingredients: 
1  - 8-12oz container hummus
1 lemon juiced
1  cup chopped peeled cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup green onion (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
Basil - optional
Pam cooking spray

Direction: 
1. select your presentation container - I used a 10 in glass pie dish.  Spay baking dish with Pam, mix hummus and lemon together, spread mixture on bottom of pie dish.  



2.  Follow hummus layer with fine chopped cucumbers:


3. Solicit help to chop onion so you don't cry, use swimming goggles.  Bill posed for this.  
















4. Chop remaining ingredients and layer on top dip.



5. Add chips and serve - can be made a few hours in advance, does not save well over 12 hrs.  


Enjoy! You can modify however you want - maybe even add some tomatoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment